Alaska Earth Sciences provides consulting expertise to promote, manage, and support resource exploration and development.
Alaska Earth Sciences has been meeting the challenges of working in Alaska and in complex geologic settings throughout the world for over 26 years. We have extensive experience working with major mining and junior exploration companies, Alaska Native Corporations, construction and engineering firms and state and federal agencies
Why Choose AES?
- Locally owned and staffed by Alaskans
- Our private library of geologic data compiled over the last fifty years rivals that of companies ten times our size
- Computer hardware and software resources, including GIS capabilities and ore deposit modeling
- The company’s principals have an aggregate of more than 75 years of professional geological experience.
- Our staff of 25 full-time employees includes five Certified Professional Geologists
- AES has firm roots in geotechnical and geological engineering investigations, including geotechnical drilling, permitting, and environmental compliance.
“Alaska is at a critical juncture. Several major mines are now in production and the State is realizing more mining jobs and revenues than ever before. We can – and must – demonstrate that exploration and mining of coal and minerals is good for rural villages, the state’s economy, and compatible with a clean and healthy environment.”Rob Retherford, President