AES can help secure the required permits for coal, geothermal and mineral exploration in Alaska.
We have extensive experience complying with the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act, which includes geology, hydrology, fish and game, soil, vegetation, air, land use, and cultural resources.
AES has filed Alaska Hardrock Exploration Applications (the multi-agency permit application that replaces the APMA) for mineral and quarry stone exploration programs. We have worked with the Alaska Oil & Gas Conservation Commission to permit geothermal and underground coal gasification exploration drilling.
Our permitting experience includes:
• Alaska Hardrock Exploration Applications (Alaska Department of Natural Resources)
• Coal exploration (federal and state agencies)
• Land Use (Alaska Department of Natural Resources)
• Safety Plans (Mine Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor)
• Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation)
• Temporary Camps (Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation)
• Wastewater Discharge (Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation)
• Wetlands (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers)
• Wildlife Habitat (Alaska Department of Fish & Game)
“I want to tell you how much we have enjoyed hosting your drill crew this summer. We have had work crews in the past and were a little skeptical about taking on a drilling crew with all of the stories we have heard.John Rusyniak, Log Cabin Wilderness Lodge
I'm here to tell you that your drillers are definitely a cut about the rest. Each and every one of them we've had on the job here are fine respectful, thankful, kind, considerate, gentlemen. They are to be commended for the new image of the Alaskan Driller that they portray.
I would welcome them back at the Lodge any time, whether on work or pleasure.
Thanks again for hiring a great bunch of guys.”